Basic steps on how to install a motherboard in a personal computer.
Best option is to use a ground mat to assemble the computer on.Use Demagnatized tools if possible when working on computer.
1. Read over the motherboard manual. If you are putting in a processor, read over that manual or documentation for that as well. Find out what
jumpers have to be set to according to the hardware that is to be installed.
2. Install CPU and RAM onto Motherboard before you put motherboard into case.
3. Install standoff pieces into the computer case, if not already done. Line the standoff connectors with the holes of the motherboard and the
pc case. Place motherboard into case, then tighten up all screws. ( Standoffs are spacers that keep the motherboard from grounding to the
4. Insert power connectors to motherboard.
5. Attach front panel connectors to motherboard. Refer to motherboard manual on location.
5. Connect video and sound cards.
6. Install all drives, and connect data cables to motherboard. Power cables to drives. Sound card wire to CD ROM ot DVD.
7. Check over all connections. If every thing looks ok, then connect monitor, and keyboard/mouse.
8. Boot up and do memory test. If everything is ok, then put cover on case. If setting up a new computer, you can continue to install to